Thursday, October 16, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Finally! After living in Utah for 10 years I'm finally back home and I'm lovin' it! It was a little hectic and stressful at first with the moving, trying to find a job and taking care of our two children, but now things are more calm and settled thanks to my parents who have been such a great help. Will is especially enjoying the beautiful summer/fall weather and will not be missing the long, cold winters of Utah.


Evan's favorite things to do out here is walk to the park that is only 3 blocks away and eat some juicy oranges that he gets off of a tree along the way. He calls the oranges "manzana" and thinks that all fruit is a manzana. A new fruit he has discovered are the figs off my parents’ tree. Every time he goes over the grandma & grandpa's he runs outside and picks a couple of them off the tree. He also loves playing with "peluche" my parents dog, and taking him out on walks.

Claire loves all the attention she gets from everyone in the family except Evan. Evan smothers her too much and is constantly holding her hand or wanting to give her "besos." The poor girl can't even take a bath alone. When Evan wakes up in the morning the first thing he says in "baby." He gets out of bed and runs to see the baby and give her a good morning kiss. I have never seen an older bother as "loving" as he is. I guess we should be glad that the jealousy phase passed. Let’s just hope Claire can survive this loving/obsession phase.

Claire has grown so much. I am just in awe when I look back at her newborn pics to now. It's incredible to me how she has grown and how she has developed as an individual being with her own personality, likes and dislikes, temper and all. She is so beautiful and smiley. Everyone that meets her uses one word to describe her as "risueƱa." Claire has such a happy disposition and is very social. She will instantly cry when left alone in a room and loves to coo so as to be a part of the conversation.

Well, now that we are out here we will try and be better at updating our blog for our family and friends so that we can share with you the joys and memories our children create in our lives.

2 comments:

sarita said...

Welcome back! I can't wait to see updated pics of your little familia.

Tammy said...

Your little girl is so cute! Do you live in Glendora? I miss California and I'm sure you won't be missing the snow!